Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I am back - but my heart is still in Malawi - by Mike Gudka

Wow! What an incredible Holy Spirit filled trip. Once again the people of Malawi, particularly those who belong the UMC of Malawi, were so loving and so uplifting that despite their extreme poverty, they lifted me up. I only hope in some small way my presence, work, and words of encouragement and hope lifted them up as well and brought them closer to Christ. It is the relationships that you make that change you, change the other person, and bring us all closer to Christ. I continue to pray for them and work to deepen the relationship between Ankeny First UMC and the Malawi UMC for many years to come. I want to encourage anyone reading this blog to get to Malawi! If you feel the Holy Spirit is guiding you to go, then trust, I mean really trust God, and make plans to join next year's trip. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment