Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I am Supposed to Go

I don't know why I am going, I just know I'm supposed to. Psalm 37:5 says, "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act." This scripture helped me decide to go ahead and commit. It also did help that in my current job I now have paid vacation and I haven't always had this.

To me this is a gift, an opportunity and a blessing from God. Who would have through that a little girl growing up on an Iowa farm would ever get to go to Africa - I didn't! I guess I didn't expect great enough things from my God!

The people of Malawi are very poverty stricken; they face life threatening diseases, starvation, early death, and yet they are a happy people who praise their God enthusiastically. We are going to their country to help them and teach them about Jesus and the United Methodist Church, but I'm pretty sure we'll probably learn more than we teach.

Betty Poley

No comments:

Post a Comment