Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why am I going to Africa?
I am going to Africa because God called me to this mission a year ago. Over the last year I have learned a lot about the problems in Africa. I decided not to stand back and shake my head but to step in and do my part. I began doing fundraiser after fundraiser to buy supplies for the people of Africa. As my net total began to rise past my goal of $2,500 to $6,000 I knew God had a bigger plan for me. I loved going on mission trips every summer with my youth group(Washington, Ia) and knew traveling to Africa would be my next step. At a fundraiser I hosted in Ankeny I was invited to join the group traveling to Malawi, Africa. This opportunity came at the right time and I accepted with excitement. Weeks before I had been meeting with my youth leader and discussing different options for mission work I could do if I were to travel to Africa by myself. There is no doubt God has worked through me over the last year to help the continent of Africa. I realize this was only the first step of His action and I look forward to what lies further down my path.
Kelsey Bishop

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kelsey, we love you and will be reading your blogs! We are glad you arrived safely! What a long flight! Light the World on Fire!
    Love,
    The Irmiter Family

    ReplyDelete