Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Here I Am, Send Me" Isaiah 6:8

So there isn't much to my story. We were out at Faith Chapel when Mike mentioned this trip to Malawi and it was such a crazy idea that I thought maybe I should hop on the train--or maybe an airplane is more likely to get me there.



Ok so really I knew as soon as Mike told us about it that I was going, no question. I am normally overcome by worrys like what if I dont like any of the food, what if I get sick...you know the things that are in the back of all of our minds... but it took me a long time to even consider that any of that might be a problem.

Im not really sure what I have to offer anyone in Malawi. I dont have anything too exciting about myself to say and I dont have any great revelation about how I came to be apart of this mission team. These Malawians have so much more to offer me than I could ever give them. For about 3 years now I have been getting fed up with Americans in general with their obsession with money and convenences and who can have the best idea and who can talk over people the most. It will be very refeshing to see that these are not the most important things to Malawians. What would it be like to have a conversation with someone and not be interuped by them reciving a text that they have to respond to right in the middle of your conversation. ( I gotta admit that I'm guilty of it too). I think that a lot of Americans (and Im talking about us Christains too) are missing something so important that we even have a hard time fathoming it. How hard is it to raise your hands up when you feel God during a song or prayer even when no one else is? Do the people around you really matter compare to letting God know that you are fully worshipping Him? And do the people next to you want to raise their hands but too afraid that they will be the only ones? We are so worried about what others think that we are holding ourselves back from God, who didnt hold back even His own Son. I guess I'm going to hopefully find out what true worship is.

Max Garcia

1 comment:

  1. You will be in my prayeres while gone - be safe and have a wonderful,fullfilling time.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete